MAARC Net

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2007
      All,
      Here is a list of proposed topics for new proposed net. I need to find people to present topics. A 5 to 15 minute discussion of the subject, and lead Q&A afterward. Are there any topics you would be interested in presenting? Any in addition to these? Topics will be coordinated with club activities. For example; Field Day discussions just prior to Field Day, DX discussion just prior to DX contests, etc. Please answer where you interest lie, without regard to when the net will be held. We don't know that yet.
      Tom

      VHF Net Etiquette
      HF Net Etiquette
      Setting up your First Station
      Mobile operations
      Packet radio for beginners
      Making your first contact – phone
      Making your first contact – CW
      Descriptions of repeater opportunities (what repeaters are out there and how can they be used
      VOIP for beginners
      PSK for beginners
      SSTV for beginners
      ATV for beginners
      Multi Media High Speed Amateur Radio
      Feedline installations
      Power for the shack
      Antennas for VHF
      Antennas for HF
      What does "minimum power necessary to complete communications" mean?
      What is "Good Amateur Practice" and why should I care?
      Finding an Elmer
      How to QSL. Step by Step.
      If 10 watts is good why isn’t 100 watts better?
      Nets and their purpose
      What does it take to be an emergency communicator?
      Should I buy new or used?
      Your first radio
      Open shack night
      How to Contest
      Special Events for Everybody
      The internet for reference
      Which books should I have in my library?
      Listening on HF
      The art of noise reduction
      Mobile installations
      Who’s Who in Amateur Radio
      Skywarn communications
      Computers for amateur radio
      National Electrical Code for amateur radio stations
      Snack size amateur radio, or what is QRP?
      What is D – Star, and where can I get it?
      What is a Hamgate?
      Test equipment options
      The sunspot cycle and radio wave propagation – how to use the solar flux index
      Radio specifications
      RF Safety
      Field strength Measurements and Calculations
      The Practical Ohms and Kirchhoff
      My favorite radio
      CW as a language
      Field Day topics
      Sweepstakes topics
      QSO Party topics
      So much fun, so little time
      Working with neighbors to resolve interference issues
    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2007
        Tom:

        I would enjoy presenting information related to chasing DX. I do quite
        a bit of this activity. There are newsletters, contests, QSL cards to
        earn, propagation, learning about split operations, DX windows, and a
        ton of other details. Chasing DX involves code and SSB as well as RTTY
        but not so much SSTV.

        This could be fun finding someone to teach a unit that is radio related.

        Bill, AB8SC
      • Tom Porritt