Re: [W8ZHO] Thanks!

  • Al Pepping
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2007
      Bill couldn't have said it better !!.  We even dusted off the ol' Drake twins and fired them up.  No smoke either !  Old friends and new faces made this event especially nice.  And the food was great !  At the end of Saturday night when all world politics were resolved,  we were showing off the collection of old QSL cards and found an interesting photograph depicting a stately looking chap at the helm of a very early wireless station.  We're talking 1920's  judging by the equipment.   His identity is still unknown but across the top of the photo was the call VK3TL.  Today I learned this is the call of the WIA....Wireless Institute of Australia, similar to us yanks ARRL.  So off goes an e-mail to the WIA president informing him of our find.   Will we find out who this mystery op is????  Even more so, how did this photo end up at MAARC where is had no doubt resided  for decades.    Crikey !!  Will keep you posted on this mystery.     Again, thanks to all who made this a really fun event...

                                                                                                                                      Al.....KV8X