Tri County Field Day Set up and Saturday night Dinner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2011
      Field Day is a week away. Everything has come together very well. Site pre layout was completed today.

      Set up will begin Saturday between 8 and 9 AM.

      MAARC (Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council) and MCECS (Muskegon County Emergency Communications Service) are sharing the cost of field day, Joining in the fun is also Kent County RACES and Ottawa County RACES.

      The meat will be provided for dinner. We are asking everyone to bring a 1 main dish and 1 Salad or Desert to pass. Plates and tableware will be available.

      Its is looking to be a great time. If you are not going to join us for operating, please do come out for dinner to meet other hams from our adjoining counties.

      The park has a play area for children, a beach and swimming area. We want this to also be a family affair along with amateur radio.

      Following is the directions to the park.
      Address is 22248 24th Casnovia 49318

      GPS Lat: 43.1734 Long: 85.8493

      Talk in Freq. 146.820 PL94.8 MCECS repeater

      Directions from Muskegon US31 & Apple Ave.

      Take Apple ave east to Canada Rd (17.5 miles). Turn right (south) on Canada Rd, which changes to 24th at the county line, 4.25 miles to end of road. Park is on left. When entering the park we will be located to the left of the volley ball pit.

      Directions from Lakes Mall US31 & Sternberg.

       Take Sternberg Rd east. Sternberg will jog to the left and turn into Ellis road(Ellis turns into Gooding at county line), a total of 17.5 miles to 32nd and turn left (north). Go 1 mile and turn right (east) onto Hoover, Go 1 mile and turn right (south) onto 24th. Go ¼ mile park is on left.

      Directions from Grand Haven.

      Take US31 north to Sternberg Road (Lake Mall) and go east following instructions above.

      From Grant:

      Go south on 37 to Apple Ave, Turn right (west) and go 2 miles to Canada Rd. turn left (south)on Canada RD and go 4 miles to park on left.

      From Grand Rapids:

      Go north on 37 from I96 aprox 10 miles to 13 mile Rd. Turn left (west) on 13 mile go 2.3 miles to 16th and turn right(north). Go 1 mile to Hoover and turn left(west) on Hoover. Go 1 mile and turn left (south) on 24th. Go ¼ mile to park on left.

      In God I Trust.