Re: Where Are The Old QSL Cards?

  • Doc S
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
      As Al said, the Venturing Crew did put many of the old cards into photo albums. The albums were placed next to the metal file/card bins that still contained many more QSL cards. As you walked in the club door, it was on the top of the cabinets on the right. If they are not there, they may be in the radio room on the corner of the desk that is under the front window. Those are the only two places I can recall seeing the cards since the crew put them in the albums.

      Best Regards,
      Rich "Doc" AC8AL

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
        Doc and Jim:

        I have, indeed, found many old QSL cards in photo albums right inside the clubhouse. I looked at every one of those cards, hoping, each time, that they acknowledged a QSO with W8ZHO. Those successes were few and very rare. The vast, major, majority of the cards were VERY old and from 8MM and W8MM. Chuck lived in Greenville, MI and he gave a large ham collection to the MAARC.

        Yes, fascinating that there are easily a dozen QSL cards to 8MM with dates in the 1920s. The cards date all the way into the 1970s. Sad he became a sk before the end of that decade.

        73