My Most Memorable QSO

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2010
      All,
      I am looking for short descriptions of "memorable" QSOs that you have had for publication in Flashovers. Please see a recent example below.
      Tom, K8EOD

      A memorable QSO this past month was with 9M6XRO/P on twenty meters CW. He
      is heavily spotted on the DX cluster. I dial to his transmit frequency and
      he is hard to hear in the morning, Michigan time. I have regular work to do
      in my office so I periodically give a listen to hear if his signal has
      improved as the day warms. In the early afternoon, Michigan time, I hear
      enough to feel comfortable giving him a call. It's 1930z. He is working
      split and I don't have any idea where he is listening. I call a dozen or so
      times and, sweet music, I hear my call coming back. I'm in his log. East
      Malaysia is a new country for my DXCC chase and the 9M6 participates in the
      ARRL's LoTW program.

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2010
        Hi Tom,

        Mine would be as follows:

        One February day I was at the MAARC clubhouse and got to hear the real Peggy Sue W5PSG, doing a Buddy Holly memorial on the radio, but she signed off before I got the chance to make a call back.

        I waited an entire year to get another shot at it, waited a couple hours in front of the radio, and made the QSO.  I also managed to record it.

        73

        Mark K8MHZ

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
          Correction