Re: [W8ZHO] QRP Power Report for the day

  • Clarke Cooper
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
      Hello Mark and the rest of the hams in the Michigan area.
      Just got off 20 meters with Bob - WB8IXV in Muskegon. After the Bathrobe net this morning, we did some more testing with QRP Power again from Arizona to the Michigan area. In my message yesterday, I goofed and said that my lowest power setting on the K2 was 1.0 watt which we tested yesterday. This morning I was turning the power control on the K2 before net time and realized that the 1.0 watt was not my lowest setting but the lowest setting with the K2 is actually .01 watt. To mak a long story short, After the net this morning, Bob WB8IXV and I did another test. "Yes we did it". Bob was able to copy me with my K2 operating SSB on 0.1 watt.with the the help of is Force 12 C3 antenna at 80' from Phoenix, Arizona to Muskegon Michigan at 7:53am Arizona time which is 9:53am Michigan time. Gosh, who said that Ham Radio is not fun.  Have a great day and say hello to all there in Muskegon.
      Best 73'    Clarke ~ K8BP