Net Proceedure

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010

      We're working through the best way to handle the CW net on ten meters. Last night we found signals were less than armchair copy. It's not a problem, just a little speed bump (or hurdle).

      You're probably wondering what you might send or what you might hear on the net. Me too.

      I visited fists and found this link helpful:
      http://www.fists.org/basiccw.html

      And we are proposing a net format to be about like this (it's rough and subject to change):

      QST QST QST DE W8GXT W8GXT WITH SLOW CW NET FOR WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15. CHECK IN WITH CALL SIGN. WELCOME TO THE NET K

      na8m

      NA8M DE W8GXT GE TNX CALL UR RST 599 IN MUSKEGON NAME KIRK KIRK HW? AR
      NA8M DE W8GXT KN

      w8gxt de na8m ge tnx kirk ur rst 599 qth fremont name bill bill hw?
      w8gxt de na8m k

      NEXT STATION K

      w8kid

      W8KID DE W8GXT GE TNX CALL UR RST 599 IN MUSKEGON NAME KIRK KIRK HW? AR W8KID DE W8GXT KN

      w8gxt de w8kid ge kirk ur rst 599 in whitehall name dick dick hw? w8gxt de w8kid k

      NEXT ...

      A few things: Kirk will change his call to KO8Z before the weekend. Congrats, Kirk!

      It gets ponderous to send all that stuff so you might shorten it a little. Or maybe not. Personally I find it easier to copy the code following a script. Sending, too. I need to get over that hurdle.

      I was nervous last night. You might be nervous too. We won't bite, you don't have to send perfect code, and you and I Will get better. It takes practice. Join us!

      There's no two-meter crutch. It's sink or swim, baby! Let's have a little fun. I copied two pages of code last night. With lots and lots of blanks for characters. As I said somewhere else, I'm juggling copying, listening, comprehending, and enjoying all at the same time. I need Lots of practice. I better get back into listening to W1AW, too.

      73 de Bill, NA8M