Contest!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006

      Mark your calendar for November 18 and 19. That is the weekend for
      the ARRL's Sweepstakes contest. We'll participate in the sideband
      version of this annual contest. We'll use the W8ZHO call and hit the
      push-to-talk starting at 4:00 pm on Saturday until either 1. we run
      twenty-four hours or 2. we pull the plug at 10:00 pm on Sunday evening.

      Everyone is welcome to drop in and operate, log, cheer, kibitz, or
      whatever. We'll have tons of fun. Tom, W8AMZ has offered a HUGE pot
      of Chile and we'll have something special for Sunday morning's
      breakfast. Sunday lunch and dinner will be warmed over hot dogs and
      stale cookies.

      So grab your sense of adventure and drop into our wonderful shack at
      the MAARC's clubhouse. It will be tons of fun for everyone. There
      will always be an open band, fun, radio, fun, QSOs, fun, and great
      hams sharing a contest to remember.

      Drop me a line with any questions. By the way, Chris, AB8WO says he
      can operate and log without assistance. Should be quite the sight!
      That is one really great reason to cheer!