Foxhunt

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      All,
      Does anyone have a trophy that would be suitable for presentation to the winner of a foxhunt? It doesn't matter what is on the plaque at this time, we can get a new one.
      Tom

    • KOZAL LAWRENCE J JR
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        Tom, there are fox tails on Ebay going for under $20 for 2. No need to feel guilty about killing the poor foxes, the deed's already done, and the fox will live on and be appreciated in the form of a trophy.  Larry
        Tom Porritt <jtporritt@...> wrote:
        All,
        Does anyone have a trophy that would be suitable for presentation to the winner of a foxhunt? It doesn't matter what is on the plaque at this time, we can get a new one.
        Tom

      • Bill Fries
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006

          The MAARC, the Muskegon radio club, is presenting Fruitland Township (we
          had Field Day at their park the past two summers) with a brand spanking
          new American flag. There will be a ceremony held in conjunction with
          the township's board meeting on Tuesday, September 19 at 7:00 pm. I
          expect to have some Boy Scouts do the flag ceremony.

          You are invited to attend.

          Could we encourage a newspaper to visit and write a paragraph or two?

          The October board meeting for the MAARC will be held afterwards at their
          clubhouse.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2006
            It has been suggested that we mention the address of the Fruitland
            Township Hall and Park. They exist at 4545 Nestrom Road, Whitehall MI.

            Their board generally meets on the third Monday in the month. One or
            more of their folks have conflicts and have asked that the meeting be
            moved a day later to Tuesday, September 19 at 7:00 pm. The hams have
            asked to present the Fruitland Township with a replacement flag on
            this Tuesday. There is not cast in stone assurance that their board
            meeting has been moved but I'm going to say that the hams will present
            the flag on this Tuesday evening whether or not their board meets.
            There are just too many folks to herd up and coordinate.

            Should you wish to observe, participate, or just cheer I'd suggest you
            mark your calendar appropriately and arrange the transportation. This
            park is the same facility our radio club has been using for the past
            two Field Days.

            Hope to see you there!