Fwd: [W8CSO] Still need more help and information on events- Please consider helping

  • Jtlr.fischer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010

      Sent from my iPod

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Don Meyer <kb8odb@...>
      Date: July 28, 2010 22:23:35 EDT
      To: NOARC <w8cso@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: Dennis Harriss <ab8qd@...>, Bill Smith <BSmith@...>, Jim Tanis <rjtanis@...>, westmichiganhams@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [W8CSO] Still need more help and information on events- Please consider helping

      Hello Everyone …. North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club is still looking for help for the Coast Guard Events, if you can please come out and help. Here is some more information on the events.

          Sat Aug 31st First event is the YMCA Coast Guard 5k, 10k, and fun runs which we work with GHPS to keep track of the run progress and safety and back up GHPS at intersections. For this event we could use 12 to 16 hams to help out.
      We will meet with GHPS at 6:30am at there station up the stairs at the SW corner of 6th and Columbus parking is in GHPS parking lot. Please be there by 6:30am
      This event should be done around 9:30

      Sat Aug 31st Second event is the Coast Guard Family Parade, as we clear units from the runs if you can stay and help we move you to the downtown area to help place barricades in place and watch for and report medical issues from your corners. And watch the parade. Meeting for this event will be at 9:45am for anyone coming in to help with just this event and should be done by 12:00 noon.

      Both events will be run by net control on the 145.49 Grand Haven Repeater with a back up on the 146.49 simplex.

      If you can help please email me: kb8odb@sbcglobal. net or by phone 231-206-9270 or John Fisher kc8uny@arrl. net

      Please remember these events are major events for the Grand Haven area and we could use the help from other areas and counties to make these events safe.
      Thank You for your consideration on helping out for these events and hope to see you on Saturday.

      73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

      Sat Aug 7th is the Grand Parade and I will be coming out with more information on this soon but we need 12 to 14 hams for parade line up and if we were to man all the positions there are along the parade route we would need another 22 hams for that … please keep this in mind if you bring the family and find a spot in one of the positions and watch the parade and be there for any medicals that may happen.

      Donald Meyer - KB8ODB

      Assistant Coordinator of volunteers of  North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club Working with Public Safety to make a safer community in the Ferrysburg, Grand Haven and Spring Lake Area

      AEC for Amateur Radio in Ottawa County

      e-mail:kb8odb@ sbcglobal. net