Fwd: [W8CSO] Re: 2010 Tulip Time Parades

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 6:05 PM
      Denny N8CTT
      n8ctt2@...
      n8ctt@...

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [W8CSO] Re: 2010 Tulip Time Parades
      Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:17:15 -0000
      From: w8jrm <jimrmiller@...>
      To: W8CSO@yahoogroups.com

      Somehow I looked at the wrong month when sending out the dates for this
      years parades.

      Here are the corrected dates:

      Volksparade: Wednesday May 5
      Kinderparade: Thursday May 6
      Muziekparade: Saturday May 8

      Sorry for any confusion.

      -Jim

      --- In W8CSO@yahoogroups.com <mailto:W8CSO%40yahoogroups.com>, "w8jrm"
      <jimrmiller@...> wrote:

      > Hello, it might not feel like Spring is just around the corner but it
      > will be here very soon, with Spring's arrival comes the 2010 Tulip
      Time Festival.

      > As in the past the Amateur Radio Operators and the American Red Cross
      > will be providing support along the parade routes during the three
      Tulip Time parades.

      > The first parade (Volksparade) is scheduled for Wednesday, May 6,
      which we will need twelve Amateur Radio Operators to work as a Team with
      two American Red Cross First Aid Responders in covering a one block
      section of the parade route. Along with two Net Control Operators, we
      will need a total of fourteen Amateur Radio Operators, during the time
      frame of approximately 1:00pm until 3:30pm.

      > The second parade (Kinderparade) is scheduled for Thursday, May 8,
      which we will need the same number of Amateur Radio Operators as the
      Wednesday parade, during the same approximate time frame. The rain date
      for this parade will be Friday, May 9.

      > The third, the largest, and the longest parade (Muziekparade) is
      > schedule for Saturday, May 10, which we will need twenty-four Amateur
      > Radio Operators to cover a one-block section of the expanded parade
      > route, along with two-three Net Control Operators. Also during this
      > parade we need packet radio stations setup and operating at the
      American Red Cross Tulip Time Headquarters, Holland High School, and at
      Net Control.

      > Also for the Saturday parade, Amateur Radio Operators are needed to
      > assist with parade lineup. This group will be working within their
      own net, and on a different frequency than the parade route Teams. We
      need approximately ten operators, six assigned to specific Division
      Parade Marshals, one to work with the floats, one to assist the TV Crew
      with their coverage, one to work with the cars, one to work directly
      with the Grand Marshal, and two Net Control Operators. Adding up the
      various activities on Saturday, we need approximately forty Amateur
      Radio Operators just to cover what we currently know needs to be covered.

      > As one can see, this is large operation in which one Club or Group
      > cannot handle on their own. Please we need your help in getting the
      > word out to all area Amateur Radio Operators of this need. Many have
      > done this festival for years and have their favorite spots to serve.
      If you are willing to serve, and have a favorite spot, please let me
      know I will to my best to assign you to that specific position. For
      those that are new to the hobby or those that have sat on the sidelines
      in the past years, please consider giving it a try. It is fun, and is a
      great way to brush up on your net operating procedures while providing a
      highly visible community service.

      > If you're interested in volunteering, please provide me with you full
      > name, call sign, physical limitations or special needs, contact phone
      > number, email address, and any special assignments you would like to
      cover.

      > Please email Dave Lamer WA8RSA directly at wa8rsa@... if you're
      interested in working the parade line-up on Saturday.