Ladder Line...Ouchie !!

  • Al Pepping
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2009
      Yikes. Saw an ad on Radio Works that they now carry ladder line again,
      which, according to them was out of production for a while. I dug out a
      couple old receipts...In 1986, I bought ladder line from Russ at HR
      Electronics for 14 cents a foot, no shipping cost. In 2005, I bought ladder
      line in 100 foot lengths from AES for 19 cents a foot, still free shipping.
      You can now buy it again, depending on wire gauge, for around 70 cents a
      foot, shipping is another sixteen bux or so. Radio works says it has only
      gone up 25 percent or so since it went back into production. My math says
      since 2005, it has gone up 400 percent. Stuff must be made out of copper
      or something........I'm going to make my own like real hams used to do
      before coax came out...

      Al.....KV8X