Big Meeting, High Gas Prices, help?

  • Bill Fries
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006

      The next radio club meeting is expected to be HUGE and FUN.  But gas prices are through the roof!  What can we do?

      Car Pool.

      Yes, the simple act of taking a bus load of hams to the club meeting will relieve the individual pressure at the gas pump for all the occupants.  Also this will relieve the parking pressure at the tiny clubhouse property.  Can we get the Muskegon Trolley to make a special run?  Imagine.  Hey, a wonderful idea.

      So call a car load of friends and share the fun of attending the club meeting in the company of the finest individuals in our area.  They will appreciate the fact that you took some time to invite, encourage, and enjoy their company.

      Jim Weaver, K8JE is our speaker.  We will learn tons on the subject of the ARRL and your piece of the huge puzzle.  Bring your questions and comments.  He takes notes and things later happen and often times the changes trace their roots to your comment.  You can make a difference.  Am I wrong?

      I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there!  Now, I wonder just how many hams can sit on that tree when we hold the meeting outside . . . ?