Something to Think About - And, Chief Seattle Wisdom

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004

      SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

      U.S. Aid for Tsunami victims
      $35 million

      Bush Jan 20th Inaugural
      $45 million

      Cost for ONE DAY of Iraq war
      $177 million

      And, I have a question:

      Is it possible to pound a single area of the world
      with the equivalent of at least 500 nuclear bombs
      and not have this energy reverberate around the world? For every action there IS a reaction,
      sooner or later.

      How many wake-up calls do we need before we
      recognize the connectedness of all of life?

      Our choices (or lack of them) continue to carry
      consequences that affect the entire Earth.

      Trama is trama. Please continue to pray and
      *work* for peace and justice for all cultures of
      the world.

      In closing, the following words from Chief Seattle
      are very timely:

      Teach your children
      what we have taught our children -
      that the earth is our mother.
      Whatever befalls the earth
      befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.
      If men spit upon the ground,
      they spit upon themselves.

      This we know.
      The earth does not belong to us,
      we belong to the earth.
      This we know.
      All things are connected
      like the blood which unites one family.
      All things are connected.

      Whatever befalls the earth
      befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.
      We did not weave the web of life,
      we are merely a strand in it.
      Whatever we do to the web,
      we do to ourselves.

      Chief Seattle

      May you all be blessed in all you do this new year.

      Submitted in the spirit of peace and love for all life,
      Sharon 444
      *Sharon Pacione*