Food For Thought About Why We Don't Have Peace on Earth by Sharon Pacione

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6 12:23 PM
      The saying "we are what we eat" is key to understanding why we don't
      have peace on our planet. With little regard for life, including human
      life, it is little wonder that eating vibrations of fear does not faze much
      of humanity. For a moment, please see through the eyes of the animals
      considered food before taking the next bite and saying "I love animals,
      they're good"! This includes chicken and fish which are not vegetables.
      Also, please consider watching the PETA (People for the Ethical
      Treatment of Animals) short 12 minute film "Meet Your Meat". It's
      only  $5.00.

      Click here: Peta Catalog
      http://www.petacatalog.org/products.asp?dept=16

      Peace on Earth is directly tied to how we treat all forms of life, including
      animals, birds, insects, trees, plants, air, water, soil, and each other.

      At the end of the post is a link for "famous vegetarians." I would add
      to that list most of the largest animals on the planet including elephants,
      gorillas, horses, giraffes, rhinos, deer, elk,  and well as buffalo, cows,
      pigs, sheep, chickens, etc., who do not have a problem getting enough
      protein with their vegetarian diets. Also add to the list the ancient Essene
      and Pythagorean mystery schools. BTW, the body-type books are not necessarily factual regarding some body-types 'requiring' meat. Just
      like the rest of life, it's all in our head!

      Following is food for thought, in the form of short poems and quotes
      regarding this subject. Thanks for your consideration in reading them
      and sharing with others who might find this information of interest.

           Hungry Hearts

      I feel your pain, little one
      I hear your anguished, haunting cries
      torn from the breast of your mother
      distressed, you both are born to die

      your mom will mourn her newborn calf
      you'll stand stone still to chew your cud
      a captive of primeval mind
      who still spills its own flesh and blood

      man's conscience lacks compassion
      desensitized, they call you veal
      your feelings matter not at all
      to hungry hearts, you're just a meal

      Sharon Pacione
      August 10, 2001
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: "Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening
      our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of
      nature in its beauty." ~~~~Albert Einstein, letter dated 1950, quoted in
      H. Eves' Mathematical Circles Adieu, 1977

      The Sacred Egg

      have you ever seen chicks
      apathetically de-beaked
      bumping shoulder to shoulder
      with a thousand other peeps

      trying to keep their balance
      on a conveyor belt
      knee deep in confusion
      at the fear being felt

      while human processors watch
      with stone-cold hearts
      as live chickens are reduced
      to pet and human food parts

      they hang on for dear life,
      their dying eyes beg
      but man has lost his connection
      to the sacred egg

      Sharon Pacione
      August 12, 2001
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: I cannot see how there can be any real and full recognition of
      kinship as long as men continue either to cheat or to eat their fellow
      beings." ~~~~Henry S. Salt (1851-1939), In a letter to Gandhi in 1932

      Neanderthal Man

      caught in a trap
      conceived by the human mind,
      teeth of steel
      rip flesh and bone

      agonized screams
      infiltrate the soul of the forest;
      tears drown in the pain
      of slow death

      babes circle in confusion,
      whimpering, helpless
      in futile attempt
      to comfort mother, protector

      the hunter returns
      to glazed eyes of silence
      claiming his trophy,
      his meal of agony and fear
      caught in his own trap
      a neanderthan mind

      Sharon Pacione
      March 27, 1999
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were
      not made for humans anymore than black people were made for white
      or women created for men." ~~~~Alice Walker, author of "The Color
      Purple", forward to "The Dreaded Comparison: Human and Animal
      Slavery"

      Mourning Doves

      on our planet
      we shoot doves

      a symbol of peace

      we wait for the message
      but have killed the messenger

      Sharon Pacione
      July 22, 1998
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: "Until mankind can extend the circle of his compassion to include
      all living things, he will never, himself, know peace."~~~Albert Schweitzer,
      Nobel Peace Prize, 1950

      The Face on the Plate

      Do you know how the food you eat is raised
      that you're eating vibrations of fear
      are you aware of the inhumane living conditions
      of pigs, sheep, chicken and steer

      why must we continue to eat food that has faces
      when there's plenty to choose from the land
      will we one day consume the flesh
      currently known as man

      by Sharon Pacione, 1995
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: "And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing
      seed, which is upon the face of the earth, and every tree, in which is
      the fruit of a tree yielding seed: to you it shall be for meat."
      ~~~~Genesis 1:29

      The Buck Stops Here

      leisurely strolling a winding trail
      a buck, a doe and a fawn
      enjoying the peaceful solitude
      it's slightly after dawn

      a click ruptures the silence
      the herd raises its head
      a hunter's prayer is answered
      with a thunderous bang, buck's dead

      Quote: "For myself, I have not ever been able without distress to see
      pursued and killed an innocent animal which is defenseless and which
      does us no harm. And as it commonly happens that the stag, feeling
      himself out of breath and strength, having no other remedy left,
      throws himself back and surrenders to ourselves who are pursuing
      him, asking for our mercy by his tears...that has always seemed to
      me a very unpleasant spectacle."~~~Montaigne from the 1580 essay
      "Of Cruelty"

      Note: In closing, I've decided to include something that came to me
      in "meditation" in the mid 90's.

      Evolution

      man will not be saved
      at the expense
      of the other lifeforms
      on this planet

      as a guardian,
      he has failed

      higher forms of humanity
      are being created
      to co-exist in harmony
      with nature

      they will realize
      their connection
      to all of life

      genetic manipulation
      is the form chosen
      to introduce
      these new beings

      this process of evolution
      is not a newly used technique

      Sharon Pacione, 1994
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote: "Animals are, like us, endangered species on an endangered
      planet, and we are the ones who are endangering them, it, and
      ourselves. They are innocent sufferers in a hell of our making...
      When animals are no longer colonized and appropriated by us,
      we can reach out to our evolutionary cousins. Perhaps then the
      ancient hope for a deeper emotional connection across the species
      barrier, for closeness and participation in a realm of feelings now
      beyond our imagination, will be realized." ~~~From the book
      "When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals" by
      Jeffrey Moussaieff and Susan McCarthy

      Speaking of books, a great children's book (for children of all
      ages) is "Dear Children of the Earth: A Letter From Home) by
      Schim Schimmel

      Closing Wisdom: Now this, monks, is the noble truth of the way that
      leads to the cessation of sorrow: this is the noble eightfold way:
      namely, right views, right intention, right speech, right action,
      right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration.
      ~~~~~~Buddha

      And, for those who can handle one last poem:

      All My Relations

      overflowing,
      a heart spills its tears
      for the next seven generations
      for lifeforms now extinct,
      for silent songs,
      for beauty whose eyes are closed
      never to see or be seen again

      will our light grow bright
      or dim
      will our children
      run toward the future
      with outstretched arms of hope
      or hobble under the burden of dispair

      every thought,
      every choice,
      every word,
      every action,
      every reaction
      matters

      eternity
      is supposed to be
      forever
      for all our relations

      Sharon Pacione, 1996
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote:"If you talk to the animals, they will talk with you
      and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will
      not know them and what you do not know you will fear. What one
      fears, one destroys.~~~~Chief Dan George

      Famous Vegetarians:

      Click here: People-List by Firstname
      http://www.famousveggie.com/peoplenew.cfm

      In the spirit of peace and love for all life,
      Sharon 444
      *Sharon Pacione*