Legacy by Sharon Frum Pacione

  • coronaborealis444
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
      Legacy

      we live in a world of tortured screams,
      the deaf in charge of hearing,
      the blind in charge of seeing,
      the numb in charge of feeling

      ruthless insanity is
      given the job of murder for hire,
       in charge of the personal slaughter
      of food for walking graveyards,

       decaying carcasses are renamed
      catch of the day, bacon, mutton, beef, nuggets,
      to be consumed by self-centered appetites
      ingesting the unseen vibrations of cruelty and fear

      traumatized newborns grieve in the veal line
       begging for their mothers
      who now hang, hoisted by one leg,
      disemboweled while still alive
       by unconscious, paid assassins

      having abandoned goodness
      and the vision of world harmony,
      humanity denies evolution due process,
      content to wear the gloves of illusion
      while dripping in the blood of ethical bankruptcy
      leaving for future generations their proud legacy
      let us prey

      by Sharon Frum Pacione
      January 30, 2013