Poem: Plain Old Oyster by Anonymous

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012

      Plain Old Oyster

      by Anonymous

      There once was an oyster, whose story I'll tell
      Who found that some sand, had gotten into his shell
      It was only a grain, but gave him great pain
      For oysters have feelings, although they are plain

      Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate
      That had brought him to such a deplorable state?
      "No", he said to himself, "Since I cannot remove it",
      I'll lie in my shell, and think how to improve it",

      The years rolled around, as the years always do,
      And he came to his ultimate destiny .... stew.
      Now the small grain of sand that had bothered him so,
      Was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow,

      This tale has a morale, for isn't it grand,
      What an oyster can do with a morsel of sand?
      Think...what could we do, if we'd only begin,
      With some of the things that get under our skin.