Thinking About Hunting Season

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      Don't You Know by Steve Toth
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone/message/7256

      Quote: When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature who was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning. ~Marv Levy

      The Buck Stops Here by Sharon Pacione
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone/message/80

      Quotes: "For myself, I have not ever been able without distress to see pursued and killed an innocent animal which is
      defenseless and which does us no harm. And as it commonly happens that the stag, feeling himself out of breath and
      strength, having no other remedy left, throws himself back and surrenders to ourselves who are pursuing him, asking
      for our mercy by his tears...that has always seemed to me a very unpleasant spectacle."
      Montaigne, from 1580 Essay "Of Cruelty"

      "Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know that they're in the game." ~Paul Rodriguez

      Poem by Mary La Valette
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone/message/264

      More quotes about animal rights:
      http://www.quotegarden.com/a-rights.html

      In the spirit of peace and love for all life,