Monarch Butterfly Trip to Mexico in February and Some Book Recommendations

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2011
      Hi Everyone:

      I'm excited to tell you about a journey I'll be going on this coming winter. It's a trip to Mexico, Feb 18-25, to be in the
      energy of the Monarch Butterfly sanctuaries. My friend Gayle Lawrence will co-facilitate the trip along with author
      Janet Connor. Gayle has done trips to sacred sites all over the world for many years. Details are in the link below.
      Gayle's trips are usually 10-14 people. Many groups are women only. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure about this
      one.

      http://www.ajourneyofdiscovery.com/ButterflyTour.html

      I'd like to share a Monarch Butterfly encounter of several years ago that I think might have set up the energy to
      be on this trip. "Coincidences" are like that. A couple of book recommendations are at the end of the post.

      In either 2005/6, my soul-brother Michael and I were on a journey from Cleveland to Missouri for a few days of
      Native ceremony. We were in the Dayton, Ohio area getting gas when a Monarch Butterfly dropped out of nowhere
      onto my shoe. It was definitely in distress, so I gently picked it up and put it in the car. As Michael was now driving,
      I sat in the passenger seat totally mesmerized by this beautiful butterfly. As you might guess, I begin our relationship
      by sending healing energy to this tramatized butterfly.

      I retrieved a ripe banana from the bag of munchies in the back seat, opened it and placed the butterfly on the inside
      peel, still holding her in my lap. The Monarch immediately began moving its wings and antennae. Along the way, as
      we stopped to eat in a rural area, I went into the field behind the restaurant parking lot and gathered some goldenseal, milkweed and other wild plants to see if the butterfly would respond to them. Boy, did she! I also put some water into
      a cap for her. We continued on our way.

      To make a long story short, the Monarch stayed with us all the way to our destination in Missouri. She still wasn't
      ready to fly, so she stayed in the car for three full days (it was September so it appeared she enjoyed the mild
      amount of heat contained in the car). On the morning of the fourth day, I didn't see her in her regular spot in the
      car when I went to check on her. All of a sudden I noticed movement in the back seat and there she was exploring
      her surroundings. She climbed onto my finger and I stepped outside of the car with her. She stayed for about a
      minute (probably reading her internal GPS) and then gently flew up and away, I'm sure to continue her migration
      south into Mexico. It was such a gift to have her companionship on this trip with beauty and trust.

      I'm currently reading a fantastic book recommended by Gayle entitled The Butterfly's Daughter by Mary Alice
      Monroe. It's one of those books I don't want to end.  The author has written over a dozen other books, which you
      can check out on Amazon if interested. I've added Skyward, The Beach House, Time is a River and Sweetgrass
      to my list for future reading. BTW, I found out while reading Butterfly's Daughter that Monarchs LOVE goldenseal
      and milkweed. (Intuition is a good thing).

      Another book Gayle recommended is Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the
      Extraordinary Voice Within  by Janet Conner, the co-facilitator of the trip. Seems Divine timing has turned up
      once again, for which I AM grateful.

      One last book recommendation, from my daughter Andrea, is right up my alley and has been ordered. Title is:
      The Tao of Now: Daily Wisdom From Mystics, Sages, Poets, and Saints by Josh Baran.

      In-joy,