(Panhala) Song of the Builders by Mary Oliver

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010
      This makes me also think of the ant, bee, spider, beaver, tadpole,
      worm, butterfly, as well as the trees that stand still expanding their
      nature in silence, those who sit patiently for countless hours on eggs,
      and all of nature who honor the cycles, all automatically living their
      purpose with no time off for good behavior, influencing humanity to
      persevere without expectation. This poem is short but powerful. Love,
      Sharon 444

      Song of the Builders

      On a summer morning
      I sat down
      on a hillside
      to think about God -

      a worthy pastime.
      Near me, I saw
      a single cricket;
      it was moving the grains of the hillside

      this way and that way.
      How great was its energy,
      how humble its effort.
      Let us hope