The Gentle Breeze

  • erobertson1001
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2010
      The following poem was originally published in Daily Word:

      THE GENTLE BREEZE

      I thought I wanted
      An acre of land, a ring on each finger,
      Three lovers and a desert caravan.

      I thought I wanted
      Beads and jewels, diamonds and rubies,
      A title, fame, control.

      One morning I awoke to thunder
      And everything I knew was wiped away.
      Everything seemed distant; only
      Emptiness was nigh.

      My soul had different plans for me,
      My soul was aching to evolve.
      Sometimes it takes a hurricane
      To open up my ears to hear
      The gentle breeze blow through the elms,
      The stillness of my Self in quiet prayer.