Slight Revision & New Video: Animal Genocide Poem by Sharon Pacione

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Animal Genocide

      in the name of food, research and sport
      we perpetuate genocide upon the animal kingdom
      shutting our eyes and ears to horror,
      allowing washed brains to see clean hands
      while blood drips from our collective psyche
      feeding the appetite of vampires

      when it comes to pain,
      humanity only asks why me
      seeing everything, including god, as separate from itself

      how long before we challenge the viciousness of apathy
      and feel deeply enough for all life to stop killing,
      choosing a different path than the one that's always been,
      no longer comfortable with the taste and smell of blood

      when will we flood the spirit with tears of respect
      conscious enough to see the damage of free radicals,
      conscious enough to know that we are the earth and it is us
      and that parents and children of all species
      mourn the ignorance of unconscious choices

      by Sharon Pacione
      May 31, 2010,
      Revised June 1, 2010
      Wdestiny44@...