The Joy of Awakening

  • Steve Toth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      THE JOY OF AWAKENING

      Our bodies may be
      but throbbing pieces of earth
      but sometimes we see them yawning
      as if stretching out in accordance with
      the gravitational pull of the whole planet
      Right now this body does not entirely
      seem to know whether to fight
      to the death or to run for dear life

      Hey words are you talking to me?
      How long have you been trying
      to make me like you?
      Did you actually say what I just read
      or did I just think it?
      Though I am still willing to change
      I know nothing comes at no cost
      & even rocks used to be something else

      Like a bird that has given up flight
      will still use its wings
      for showing off at mating time
      Like the people who live in a place
      rarely see its beauty grow
      Like certain trees not always the tallest
      attract the most lightning
      We too are forces of nature

      Steve Toth