You'll Never Know ~ For J.

  • Anna Ruiz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008

      You’ll Never Know  ~ For J.

      I don't know why I would fall for older men when I was
      a very young woman, and now you're in your 70's aren't you?
      I'm not even sure how this poem is going to end, but
      you're a fool, and your mother was wrong, what a child lives
      an adult recreates,

      you have a fine beautiful daughter and grandson, there are
      stories to tell, some good, some bad, and most of it has to do
      with how a girl grows up without a father's love, how that emptiness
      is filled with insecurity and a string of broken hearts is like paper dolls
      cut with a sharp knife,

      some day your body will give up and you might have a few
      minutes to reflect upon your life, my first love, you'll know that love
      is a promise and fatherhood is a decision, and how all children are
      flowers that blossom come what may, and how some blossoms
      tear up once in awhile, pretending that you were not important
      enough to cry about.