Writing Poetry 76

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2004

      Writing Poetry 76

      We do not write poetry.
      We allow ourselves to be poems.
      What gets written is the taste
      of our experience--
      an experience that we live in awareness.

      Today the grass may be verdant and lush.
      Tomorrow there may be an earthquake.
      A friend dies, a child is born,
      a beautiful woman looks in the mirror
      and sees only ugliness.
      What is before us is what we imagine.

      When we let go of the words the poem arrives.
      Love opens our doors.
      We become the purpose of grass
      the awe of earthquakes--
      the beauty of what is.

      All doors are an illusion
      but sometimes poetry
      gives us an imaginary door frame
      for us to be this walking through of God.

      love

      eric

      Copyright Eric Ashford March 2004.