Musement

  • William Burns
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      Musement

      So we engaged in poetic conversation

      As we conversed I noticed that you would seldom meet
      my eyes
      As we worked together I noticed
      That you would allow others to touch you but not me
      That you would talk to others in ways that you did not
      talk to me
      But whenever things wound down you would walk with me
      And we would explore black holes and thermal vents and
      . . . well anything

      I was enjoying your attention
      And it seemed you were coming out of your box
      I was offering my attention to you
      But this attention was like a magnifying glass
      And while it wasn’t the game
      Of little kid, sun, magnifying glass and ant
      It was uncomfortable
      You began to feel exposed

      You have never liked being exposed because of your
      self image
      And things you didn’t want to be exposed
      were starting to surface in your work
      Your deeper feeling for me were starting to show
      Feeling you didn’t want to show
      Feeling you didn’t want to think about
      Feeling you didn’t want to know . . .

      So
      Rather than risk the exposure of these feelings
      You stopped writing
      You figured you would hold off a bit till
      You could get it untangled
      You could get it under control . . .

      Its been a year
      How's that working out for ya?