"Divine Sight" by Sri Aurobindo

  • It Keeps Changing ;)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      Divine Sight

      Each sight is now immortal with Thy bliss:
      My soul through the rapt eyes has come to see;
      A veil is rent and they no more can miss
      The miracle of Thy world-epiphany.

      Into an ecstasy of vision caught
      Each natural object is of Thee a part,
      A rapture-symbol from Thy substance wrought,
      A poem shaped in Beauty's living heart.

      A master-work of colour and design,
      A mighty sweetness borne on grandeur's wings;
      A burdened wonder of significant line
      Reveals itself in even commonest things.

      All forms are Thy dream-dialect of delight,
      O Absolute, O vivid Infinite.

      ~~Sri Aurobindo, Sonnets, p. 155,
      COLLECTED POEMS, The Complete Poetical Works