Re: [VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone] In Memoriam

  • Anna Ruiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6 3:34 PM
      Hey how come you found a better youtube rendition then I did when I posted my poem?

      Thanks nmr. I saw him in person the year after my mother died.  She sang opera you know.
      My friend Ginny surprised me with tickets at the last moment.  As realtors, we had a difficult time
      arranging time and advance tickets.  We were so close we saw him sweat that day.  The seats were approx
      a few feet above him maybe 20 or so feet away.  Last minute tickets.  Wow.  Anyway when he
      sang Nessun Dorma I heard my mother's voice along with his.  And I saw tears is his eyes.

      Or were they in my eyes?

      Ahh.. Life.  Do not sleep through it.

      Anna

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6 3:59 PM
        forgot to mention it was a birthday surprise.

        Anna

        My mom & I exchanged roses when I lived in NJ.  A white one with 11 red ones.  The white was she, was I.

        Happy birthday Naga.

        Anna