The Tooth of God

  • William Burns
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
          The Room of Seven Doors

          The Ebon door of the Backworldsmen
          The Green Door of the Great Yearning
          The Ivory Door of the Joys and Passions
          The Crimson Door of the Grave-Song
          The Azure Door of Science
          The Bronze Door of the Dance Song
          The Silver & Black Door of the Night Wanderer

          The Mahogany Table
          The Basswood Chair
          The Chrome Bowl
          The window
          blurred and smudged

          The ornate Tapestries and the oriental Rug
          The . . . statues?
          childlike abstractions of nuance

          And the Sun
          Slanting in from the right

          --- anabebe57 <kailashana@...> wrote:

          > Not even a toothless God
          > can swallow that much wisdom ;-)
          >
          > Anna R.
          >

          > --- In VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone@yahoogroups.com,
          > William Burns
          > <matrix437@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Tooth of God
          > >
          > > I am the tooth of God
          > > Worn down by the chewing of idiots
          > >
          > > I am suffering enough
          > > for a man twice my wisdom
          > >

          > > Quixotic as ever
          > >

          > > William C. Burns, Jr.
          > > Millennium Artist
          > > matrix437@...

          > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel
          > answers from someone who
          > knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone-digest@yahoogroups.com

          mailto:VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          Quixotic as ever

          William C. Burns, Jr.
          Millennium Artist
          matrix437@...

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • Anna Ruiz
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007

            I was mind-walking through the 7 doors,

            I gave away my rainbows...

            I held on to my begging bowl.

            as if my heart had never wept.

            AnnaR.

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/VoicesOfTh ePhilosophersSto ne/

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/VoicesOfTh ePhilosophersSto ne/join

            matrix437@yahoo. com

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
              The Knight of a Distant Place

              I was conceived where the Heavens and Earth touch
              It was long ago
              but I remember awareness dawning
              The quickening tides of breathing
              Taking on of the feathers of Sunlight and Shadow

              I have walked the nether realms
              behind all seven doors
              I have danced Suns into existence
              And twisted Suns into Silence
              I am the Life-Force Dragon
              The Dark-Force Warrior
              And I bring you these tings

              An obsidian knife from beyond the Ebon Door
              A hibiscus bourgeon from beyond the Green Door
              A still beating Heart from beyond the Ivory Door
              A wooden stake from beyond the Crimson Door
              A ghost-angel from beyond the Azure Door
              A drum from beyond the Bronze Door
              A silver rose from beyond the Silver & Black Door

              I lay this and more
              In your beggarÂ’s bowl

              In your service
              Chyfrin