Poem -- Saint Gerard (Bill Knotts)

  • wynn manners
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2007
      Poem

      for Marion Helz

      When our hands are alone,
      they open, like faces.
      There is no shore
      to their opening.

      ~~Saint Gerard (Bill Knotts)

      pg. 22, The Naomi Poems: Corpse and Beans
      Big Table Series of Younger Poets, Copyright 1968

      *

      Not sure that i ever informed you, Sharon, that these *are* on-line:

      http://cosmicwind.net/800/CWind/RainbowVoices/HaikuPacione.html

      *

      #86 thru #95 of my own can be read here (just up!):

      http://cosmicwind.net/800/Cmwl/SiteMap/CmwlSiteMap.html
    • William Burns
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
        The Tooth of God

        I am the tooth of God
        Worn down by the chewing of idiots

        I am suffering enough
        for a man twice my wisdom

        Quixotic as ever

        William C. Burns, Jr.
        Millennium Artist
        matrix437@...

      • anabebe57
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
          Not even a toothless God
          can swallow that much wisdom ;-)

          Anna R.

          --- In VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone@yahoogroups.com, William Burns
          <matrix437@...> wrote:

          > The Tooth of God
          >
          > I am the tooth of God
          > Worn down by the chewing of idiots
          >
          > I am suffering enough
          > for a man twice my wisdom
          >

          > Quixotic as ever
          >

          > William C. Burns, Jr.
          > Millennium Artist
          > matrix437@...

          knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • William Burns
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
            The Room of Seven Doors

            The Ebon door of the Backworldsmen
            The Green Door of the Great Yearning
            The Ivory Door of the Joys and Passions
            The Crimson Door of the Grave-Song
            The Azure Door of Science
            The Bronze Door of the Dance Song
            The Silver & Black Door of the Night Wanderer

            The Mahogany Table
            The Basswood Chair
            The Chrome Bowl
            The window
            blurred and smudged

            The ornate Tapestries and the oriental Rug
            The . . . statues?
            childlike abstractions of nuance

            And the Sun
            Slanting in from the right

            --- anabebe57 <kailashana@...> wrote:

            > Not even a toothless God
            > can swallow that much wisdom ;-)
            >
            > Anna R.
            >

            > --- In VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone@yahoogroups.com,
            > William Burns
            > <matrix437@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The Tooth of God
            > >
            > > I am the tooth of God
            > > Worn down by the chewing of idiots
            > >
            > > I am suffering enough
            > > for a man twice my wisdom
            > >

            > > Quixotic as ever
            > >

            > > William C. Burns, Jr.
            > > Millennium Artist
            > > matrix437@...

            > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel
            > answers from someone who
            > knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > (Yahoo! ID required)

            mailto:VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone-digest@yahoogroups.com

            mailto:VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Quixotic as ever

            William C. Burns, Jr.
            Millennium Artist
            matrix437@...

            Need a vacation? Get great deals
            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            http://travel.yahoo.com/
          • Anna Ruiz
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007

              I was mind-walking through the 7 doors,

              I gave away my rainbows...

              I held on to my begging bowl.

              as if my heart had never wept.

              AnnaR.

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/VoicesOfTh ePhilosophersSto ne/

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/VoicesOfTh ePhilosophersSto ne/join

              matrix437@yahoo. com

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
                The Knight of a Distant Place

                I was conceived where the Heavens and Earth touch
                It was long ago
                but I remember awareness dawning
                The quickening tides of breathing
                Taking on of the feathers of Sunlight and Shadow

                I have walked the nether realms
                behind all seven doors
                I have danced Suns into existence
                And twisted Suns into Silence
                I am the Life-Force Dragon
                The Dark-Force Warrior
                And I bring you these tings

                An obsidian knife from beyond the Ebon Door
                A hibiscus bourgeon from beyond the Green Door
                A still beating Heart from beyond the Ivory Door
                A wooden stake from beyond the Crimson Door
                A ghost-angel from beyond the Azure Door
                A drum from beyond the Bronze Door
                A silver rose from beyond the Silver & Black Door

                I lay this and more
                In your beggarÂ’s bowl

                In your service
                Chyfrin