Writing Poetry 69

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2003

      Writing Poetry 69

      There is a poem announced in light-break
      that is the unwritten story of you.
      In that occult hush
      that precedes the lifting of the eye of dawn,
      you are the lyrical rehearsal of light.

      Here a gentle poetry emerges
      as a sutra of awakening;
      a thread that has been threading
      through a dark tapestry of dreams
      and now takes upon the color of the soul
      to emanate the day.

      What we accompany and attend to in those moments
      is the archetype of how we are to be
      in the weaving of the day before us.
      Some call this meditation or silent listening.
      I call it a dress rehearsal.

      It is a recalling of a poetry
      that Love has sewn into a garment
      for us to wear as our truth.
      Some days the clothes may need to be bold
      at other times subtle and unobtrusive.
      Knowing how to dress yourself in this poetry
      is the sartorial art of being.

      When we listen to the pattern of us
      and feel the texture that we can be,
      the morning of each day
      composes itself for our showing up
      as its poetry
      and we are ready to live in harmony
      with the awakening earth.

      This harmony of us
      is the poetry of Love.
      Your poem is both ephemeral and planted deep
      in the eternal garden of God.
      What you open in the earth
      flowers in heaven.
      So take time to awaken the music of life
      and find the song of you
      as the dawn bids you to arise.

      love

      eric