cat gone

  • kitsune miko
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007

      The two cat dance is no longer at my house

      Their house and mine

      Two furry friends

      One now gone across the rainbow bridge

      I don't know what to tell his brother

      Smokey did the usual small animal defense

      I didn't know he was sick until it was too late

      We talked about him going

      I asked him to give me a sign

      But he kept on purring

      His breathing got more labored, distressed

      And the deed needed doing

      Two of his two legged friends came to help me

      And to say good by to their friend

      We put him in a box and W drove me to the vets

      Smokey almost went from the muscle relaxant

      But his little heart was still beating

      He didn't have enough blood pressure

      For an IV solution

      They gave the shot in the stomach

      He is under the tea tree with

      Ten other cats and one pet rat

      We didn't know what he would prefer

      There is a Kuan Yin and a Lithuanian cross

      Marking his grave

      Smokey was 15 year old

      His brother Spatz and he have never

      Been apart before

      Spatz is skinny

      Not metabolizing his food

      It will not be long before

      This house is empty of a furry presence

      Smokey was a smart and crafty cat

      Always curious and inventive

      He is the only cat I ever had that learned

      To go in and out the front door

      A real cat's cat he held his distance

      For long periods of time

      Then he would glue himself

      To your side and purr like mad

      Fare thee well dear friend

      © 2007 Sandy Vrooman

      --
      "Expectations are resentments under construction."

      -Anne Lamott-
    • sole_magick
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        I am sorry to hear about your loss.  I send you my heart-felt condolences.

        A piece of the heart
        sails away with theirs
        to another realm
        free of the physical