Ode To Joy

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003

      Ode To Joy

      Light leaps up early in the summertime
      and I am got up and scratching around
      in this Body of Love
      making bird music for the badgers
      and barn-owls who’s nights are all to brief.

      Cows stand steaming in the dewdrops
      still dreaming on buttercup snooze alert.
      Here come the v-necked formations
      of homeward geese making feather sounds
      in the yawning dawn.
      A black coffee offering to me
      who gapes sleepily at all this glory
      and composes his heart to be on time
      and in its right place again.

      Starling dream-smattering’s of portent
      have been sorted and explored
      and touched here and there for significance.
      As usual the most meaningless dreams
      are the most pregnant gifts.
      Now time to stretch out my new born limbs
      to see what works
      and what will do for God today.
      Breakfast fixings on the menu
      then a stroll down a slow lane
      where memories are healed in time.

      Its good to be here and better being here
      for Love to be always with.
      Forget-me-not flowerings never die
      but blossom in the shade faithfully.
      Here in the home of the world
      a great bubble of joy-music
      is rising up with the sun.
      Beethoven’s Ninth just got frisky
      and has danced off with the late moon.
      Time to be alive and kicking
      for no reason at all.
      Yes, that will do nicely for a dream lover
      who gets up early to be awake
      in this Body of Love.

      love

      eric