Snow White Rain

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:40 AM

      Snow White Rain

      Some mornings time feels like its on a break.
      The clock in your mind is still slumbering
      in toy-land where your child spirit
      plays peek a’boo with a God-Almighty-love still.
      This medieval body does not fit the picture frame.
      I should be Prince charming, not this frog,
      this dopey dwarf at the foot of Your bed.
      I should be
      exploring the delights of a Snow White Beauty
      in a fairy-tale mansion with no visitors
      and soft-porn on cable.
      Instead of this creaking shipwreck
      beached in a tumble-down morning.
      And wouldn't you know it,
      its raining!

      God, you used to send me such fine little girls.
      One was even a pagan-witch straight from la-la land
      but she sure could spell up a few juicy tricks,
      even You were impressed in those days.
      Now I have love-angels to play with
      and they get the better of me.
      No wonder I wake up ravished to the bone
      and blown away into morning songs -
      but some days its just raining.
      The world looks no better than it should be
      considering how it behaves in front of the camera lens
      just to be seen on the screen of this real-time play
      that gets written when we look the other way
      into a dark fantasy.

      Some mornings I have to put on a face
      and go find a place to be undressed again
      of the fables of this daily round
      and debug this self on some holy ground
      where dragons are loved up by the tail
      until nothing is left of them but a shit-eating grin
      that could be the smile of the Buddha
      or the satisfied smirk of Mona Lisa after some wild party.
      And there remember where its all at.
      Where the rain falls from,
      and where the heart of Jesus was last night
      as he melted into Snow White
      in the bliss fields praying for more of the same.

      love

      eric

      Copyright Eric Ashford April 2003.