Bell

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2003

      Bell

      Time will tell if the striking of my bell
      has a soul that rings in the heart of love.
      And in this telling, swell,
      and be this

      drumming of one hand clapping
      in the hollowing out of my sound.

      A song that peals with that which cannot be heard
      into what can only be felt in its silence
      and then roll out unfurled as my soul.

      This bell that is a shell of a resonance
      making clear a silence
      only the sound of love
      can address

      and from that resonance foretell
      the original striking of my bell.

      For now, I shall be loyal to this chiming
      and toll and drum
      and tattoo, and carillon
      my carved out self in Loves fidelity
      as this concert of reality
      of its bell music in me.

      Time will tell if the striking of my bell
      can accent, intone, and pitch this spell

      and in that time
      be forged and found
      in the well
      of this, my heart of sound
      as the clear striking of my bell
      as clear as I can be true
      as the voice of this -- my breath in you.

      love

      eric

      Copyright Eric Ashford. March 2003.