Re: [VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone] Cranes at the lake this morning

  • sole_magick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      Wow, Naga ... a not-so-small miracle.  If that was me, I'd have been so excited that it would have been hard to get the shutter off!!

      You were fairly close and using your digital zoom ?

      It's great!  Glad you had this special moment and that you shared them with us!  As is the case for all the photos (and poems) here.

      Much Light,
      Nancy

    • n.m.rai
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
        Sharon and Nancy

        Those are sandhill cranes and very large birds - almost 4 ft. tall
        with a 6 ft. wingspread.

        I was quite close - within maybe 10 - 15 feet at one point? There
        were 11 of them but they were spread out enough that I never got all
        11 in any one photo.

        It was quite a sight watching them fly in over the lake with those
        huge wings and flying silently in.

        They're resident year round here but I usually don't get this close to
        them. It was a little spooky to be almost surrounded by them. At one
        point there was quite a rustling in the underbrush and all heads,
        including mine, turned toward it and it turned out to be just a
        rambunctious squirrel.

        I only put up the best photos - I have quite a few I didn't put up.

        nm
      • sole_magick