Writing Poetry 16

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2003

      Writing Poetry 16

      I have had a last look at this day.
      The twilight is wedding Her white dress to the dark.
      The poetry of Her beauty is returning to starlight.
      There the Beloved veils Herself in the sky
      to be the longing of the night.

      Deep are the steps of this world.
      And deep the heart that hungers to be naked
      that the stars themselves will blush
      for the desire of love to be seen in the bed of union.

      If I pray too loudly now
      I shall wake the dead past.
      Better to sing of my empty heart
      so that the world may grow so invisible