In Dreams

  • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003

      In Dreams

      There are doorways of alcove and shadow
      that are set back in the arcane alleys of intimate seclusion
      of this attenuated dormitory city of dreams.

      Here, we walk a silver strand
      and subtle hinterland
      as time travelers meeting in the one being
      sharing our dreams behind the same door.
      A realm where we are dreaming the wide sky dreams
      and the hidden shut-eyed dreams
      of everyone else.

      Behind the eyelid of this ponderous sun
      we are the lighter than air creators of earth magic.
      In dreams, what is foreseen is also the history
      of one unfolding, yet seamlessly compiled
      archive of past and future
      which only the dream itself can interpret.

      Dream doors let the light in, and out
      in the forms of guests creating your living space
      with the symbols of their coming and going.
      They provide the furniture and the windows
      for you to move around the body
      of this dream house and explore its purpose.

      Dreams are the records of what will happen
      for they have their happening
      not in the world of decision but in the vision
      of a billion spectrums of thought
      that form an athenaeum of possibility
      above the known.

      We borrow from this library the books
      of revelation and original myth
      and we sooth-say our souls as the dreams
      of generations, who catching the hidden
      from an undiscovered mother-lode of infinite history
      take the next step on our journey
      by unearthing the earth
      in the vein of a golden remembrance
      that is the open page of our future.

      We dream together,
      I dream your dreams and you dream mine.
      We arrive as a cast of characters and habitats
      that appear as strange, but the dream itself
      is really just our meeting.
      And what I dream you discover in your dreams
      and when we wake
      there is an inner being of us both
      that lives those dreams
      as each other.