"We Shall Be Free" - Lyrics from a 1990's Album by Garth Brooks

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2002

      WE SHALL BE FREE

      When the last child cries for a crust of bread
      When the last man dies for just words that he said
      When there's shelter over the poorest head
      We shall be free

      When the last thing we notice is the color of skin
      And the first thing we look for is the beauty within
      When the skies and the oceans are clean again
      Then we shall be free

      When we're free to love anyone we choose
      When this world's big enough for all different views
      When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
      Then we shall be free

      And when money talks for the very last time
      And nobody walks a step behind
      When there's only one race and that's mankind
      Then we shall be free

      from a 1990's album by Garth Brooks