"A Conversation With a Mouse" by Robert Bly

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23 7:03 AM

      A CONVERSATION WITH A MOUSE

      One day a mouse called to me from his curly nest:
      "How do you sleep? I love curliness."

      "Well, I like to be stretched out. I like my bones to be
      All lined up. I like to see my toes way off over there."

      "I suppose that's one way," the mouse said, "but I
        don't like it..
      The planets don't act that way, nor the Milky Way."

      What could I say? You know you're near the end
      Of the century when a sleepy mouse brings in the
      Milky Way.

      by Robert Bly
      from the book "Morning Poems"