The Poem "Complaint of a Cursed Magus " for the feast of the Epiphany

  • argonaughty7
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2002
      I GAZE UPON golden fields of grain
      They languish beneath the lonely loving moon
      To remind me of my distant homeland scene
      I recall the rectitude of former times
      Coming from the crops,I knelt in the sanctuary's silence
      Soon came the band of chanting priests
      Who swayed and shook the sweetened food
      Into swirling flame of the sacred hearth
      That blessed burning blaze that crowned
      An altar's white ascending mound
      I had tended when still a beardless boy.

      Later still,memory of lingering in shade
      To love and look after the pale cows
      And honour the Celestial Herdsman
      And the matchless Maid.

      Now I perceive the place of gathering
      A beautiful barn that is my retreat
      To the splendour of the past
      While in stables stand the sacred steeeds
      Who bear me out into the wider world
      A mounted man seeking a maiden.

      The God's glorious house of gold
      In all its grandeur is gone
      Replaced with senseless stones
      As I lie in their pointless , pitiless shadows
      A frozen larva weaves its tiny winter screen
      Which was the greatest secret of the goddess
      From sunset to the scheme of silvery stars
      I wander the way of the wounded earth
      And dashed to devildom
      Is my radiant and renowned lorica of God's lore

      I have as did the holiest flames
      Endured the word wonderful reduced to nothing
      Burned to breathlessness a baleful body
      Carried mercilessly across the kalpas
      Mistaken throughout millennia , I would see
      One with winded robes fair as gold
      Whose crown of hair is set with jewels
      And hallowed with flowers of Joy.

      JASON REDVERS LATHAM 43 years of age from GREAT BRITAIN