"Lifting the Veil" by Sharon Pacione

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 3:21 AM
      Hi Everyone:

      The following poem is dedicated to a wonderful teacher, Sufi Master,
      Adnan Sarhan. I find his teachings regarding the breath, sound and
      movement to be a gift for the personal growth of my soul. I AM
      grateful that he found himself in Cleveland, Ohio these last two
      weekends. I highly recommend experiencing his workshops
      should you have the chance.

      One of the most beautiful exercises I experienced during the
      workshops was dancing with the veil. (Lots of symbology there)!
      I'd like to say I danced my arse off, but most of it is still there. :-)
      One of the best reminders was to reconnect with the importance
      of Yoga in my life (which my daughter has been prompting me to
      do for the last few weeks).

      The following sites provide info on Adnan's calendar as well as the Sufi
      way of BEING.  While I'm at it, I must mention one of the most amazing
      books I've ever read. It is a book of poems by the great sufi master Hafiz
      entitled "The Gift", translations by Daniel Ladinsky (ISBN 0-14-019581-5).
      I understand it is currently the best selling book of poetry in the world.
      Hafiz lived about 100 years after Rumi. Two other favorite Hafiz books
      are: "I Heard God Laughing" and "The Subject Tonight is Love".

      http://www.sufifoundation.org/    (Adnan's Site)
      http://www.naharisv.com/          (Additional Sufi Info & Silk Scarves)

      Lastly, before sharing the poem, I'd like to say that since "Sufi" jumped
      on my bones starting Feb. 23rd while on vacation in Florida, I have met
      the most wonderful people and have had many synchronistic moments.

      One of those people (Angel) opened a very well-received vegetarian
      (vegan) restaurant in New York City several years ago. It is located
      at 405 East 6th Street (between 1st and "A" avenues. It is called
      "CARAVAN OF DREAMS". I plan to visit the next time I'm in NYC.
      The website is:

      caravanofdreams.net

      Here's the short poem written in honor of Adnan Sarhan, vehicle for
      God. He teaches all over the world and has a Sufi camp in New
      Mexico where people come from all over the world during the summer
      months (July 1 through September 15) for personal transformation.

      LIFTING THE VEIL

      teacher,
      vessel of holy breath
      sing to me of the stars
      and the sun and moon
      that traverse the mind's eye
      of my body and soul,
      birthing the whirling universe within

      muscles and organs and blood
      crave ancient, timeless movements
      while the mind invites atoms
      to a feast of silence

      dancing on the thread of eternity,
      the veil of the spirit lifts
      to soar unimaginable heights,
      sailing the rainbow
      on the breath of God

      by Sharon Pacione
      March 25, 2002
      Wdestiny44@...

      For those who enjoy metaphysical poetry, please visit the following site: