Karma

  • sole_magick
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2006

      ~Karma~

      I wondered today
      as Buddy swirled through our ears
      if this would be the last time
      I would have to watch you

      Heaven only knows
      what a joy it is
      that you are my co-pilot
      head cocked out of the side window
      tongue dangling through your big smile
      our two hearts - smiling together

      Now I look and catch a glimmer
      of the silver around your eyes
      nine years in the making
      all the times I looked in to them

      My hand skims over the contours
      of your head and back
      Your shrinking body
      breaks my heart

      Your eyes tell me
      to be ready
      another trip to the vet
      and she'll tell me to be ready

      I see the puppy sleeping, unfed, on the ice
      a heart beat that brought you to me
      the ten dollar mystery
      and all the love I feel for you
      as you slowly make your way
      to a different time and place.
      With Much Love, Karma.

      N3H 05/30/06

    • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2006

        Outstanding. I love the intimacy you portray between you and Buddy here.
        Well poemed Nancy.

        By the way, your image did not come out for me
        could you provide a link?

        Praise

        In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:15:42 GMT Standard Time, sole_magick@... writes:

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • sole_magick
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2006
          Click a photo to view a larger version on Yahoo! Photos. See links above for more options.

          Thanks Eric.  I hope you can see the picture of Karma below.

          The Buddy I am referring to in the poem is Buddy Holly.  We are listening to him on a cassette.

          Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts,
          Nancy

          ErcAshfrd@... wrote:

[...]

          The larger versions of these photos will be available until August 29, 2006 (90 days)
          Share your pictures with PhotoMail from Yahoo! Mail. Learn More Go to Yahoo! Photos
        • ErcAshfrd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2006

            See it Nancy,

            now that is a face full of love and character!
            The poem is a testament to  "words of Love"
            to quote a Buddy Holly song :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2006
              Great, glad it showed up.

              Yes - words of love - great song!

              Have gorgeous day

              Nancy

              ErcAshfrd@... wrote:

              See it Nancy,

              now that is a face full of love and character!
              The poem is a testament to  "words of Love"
              to quote a Buddy Holly song :-)

            • naga_moon_rai
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                Nancy,

                This is so beautifully written, so aware, so
                sensitive and it's the heartbreaking price of love -
                what we know will come but put aside in our minds
                when we love. As a dog lover myself, my heart
                feels for you.

                hugs
                naga'ji

                --- In VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone@yahoogroups.com, sole_magick
                <sole_magick@...> wrote:

                > ~Karma~
                >

                > I wondered today
                > as Buddy swirled through our ears
                > if this would be the last time
                > I would have to watch you
                >
                > Heaven only knows
                > what a joy it is
                > that you are my co-pilot
                > head cocked out of the side window
                > tongue dangling through your big smile
                > our two hearts - smiling together
                >
                > Now I look and catch a glimmer
                > of the silver around your eyes
                > nine years in the making
                > all the times I looked in to them
                >
                > My hand skims over the contours
                > of your head and back
                > Your shrinking body
                > breaks my heart
                >
                > Your eyes tell me
                > to be ready
                > another trip to the vet
                > and she'll tell me to be ready
                >
                > I see the puppy sleeping, unfed, on the ice
                > a heart beat that brought you to me
                > the ten dollar mystery
                > and all the love I feel for you
                > as you slowly make your way
                > to a different time and place.
                > With Much Love, Karma.
                >

                > N3H 05/30/06
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos

              • naga_moon_rai
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                  Nancy,

                  I read at the website so I don't get images that are embedded
                  in the email but, guess what, because the photos are in yahoo photos,
                  I clicked on the little slideshow link / word at the top of the
                  message and up came the pic.

                  He looks delightful.

                  hugs again

                  <sole_magick@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Eric. I hope you can see the picture of Karma below.
                  >
                  > The Buddy I am referring to in the poem is Buddy Holly. We are
                  listening to him on a cassette.

                  > Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts,
                  > Nancy
                  >

                  > ErcAshfrd@... wrote:
                  >

                  > Outstanding. I love the intimacy you portray between you and Buddy
                  here.
                  > Well poemed Nancy.
                  >
                  > By the way, your image did not come out for me
                  > could you provide a link?
                  >
                  > Praise

                  sole_magick@... writes:

                  > ~Karma~
                  >

                  > I wondered today
                  > as Buddy swirled through our ears
                  > if this would be the last time
                  > I would have to watch you
                  >
                  > Heaven only knows
                  > what a joy it is
                  > that you are my co-pilot
                  > head cocked out of the side window
                  > tongue dangling through your big smile
                  > our two hearts - smiling together
                  >
                  > Now I look and catch a glimmer
                  > of the silver around your eyes
                  > nine years in the making
                  > all the times I looked in to them
                  >
                  > My hand skims over the contours
                  > of your head and back
                  > Your shrinking body
                  > breaks my heart
                  >
                  > Your eyes tell me
                  > to be ready
                  > another trip to the vet
                  > and she'll tell me to be ready
                  >
                  > I see the puppy sleeping, unfed, on the ice
                  > a heart beat that brought you to me
                  > the ten dollar mystery
                  > and all the love I feel for you
                  > as you slowly make your way
                  > to a different time and place.
                  > With Much Love, Karma.
                  >

                  > N3H 05/30/06

                  Service.

                  > Voice of Poetry Philosopher stone s stone Poets

                  Service.