Warning About Bogus Downloads

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2001
      Hi Everyone:

      Today (Monday, Nov. 26) I received five posts that looked like "replies" from
      posts I've sent to some on my list over the last few weeks. The "replies" all
      came with a single _(dash) before the sender's e-mail address and all were downloads with goofy headings as the "file name" that had nothing to do
      with the original post. I now know these were "bogus" replies trying to get
      me to download something into my computer, but I can't figure out how
      (whoever this is) obtained my e-mail list since I send everything blind copy.

      One of the "replies" is a name that is on one of the lists to which I belong
      and this person would only receive mail from me "indirectly" through this
      list. The other four were from those I directly mail to (blind copy).

      Anyway, wanted to let everyone know not to open ANYTHING that has a
      dash _ before the name of even someone whose e-address you recognize.
      Has this happened to anyone else?

      Peace and love,