"The Image of Love" by Sharon Pacione

  • Sharon Pacione
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      THE IMAGE OF LOVE

      man was created in god's image
      we've all heard this before
      in fact, while trying to prove this
      many have gone to war

      what about universal man
      his creator is also the dove
      maybe god's image has no face
      what we see is the spirit of love

      by Sharon Pacione, 1995
      Wdestiny44@...

      Quote:

      "...it's strange how many people only picture God
      as transcendent, making himself known by shooting
      off thunderbolts. God is transcendent, above the
      world and beyond it, outside time and space in a
      mode of being which is beyond the scope of our
      imaginations to conceive, but the God who makes
      himself known to us is the immanent God, the God
      who's so close that He's at the very center of our
      existence. It's strange too how much time people
      spend travelling round and round the circle of
      existence and getting nowhere. The real journey -
      the journey all people are required to take to
      achieve integration, self-realisation, and
      fulfillment - "the eternal life" of religious
      language - is the journey inwards, the journey to
      the centre of the soul".~~~~~~Susan Howatch, 1992