Knowing the Earth

  • mary
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005

      http://www.jr-worldwi.de/nzpics/pure_NZ_database.html

      Knowing the Earth

      To know the Earth on a first-name basis
      You must know the meaning of the river stones first.
      Find a place that calls to you and there
      Lie face down in the grass until you feel
      Each plant alive with the mystery of beginnings.
      Move in a circle until you discover an insect
      Crawling with knowledge in its heart.
      Examine a newborn leaf and find a map of a universe
      So vast that only Eagles understand.
      Observe the journey of an insect and imitate its path
      Of persistence in a world of bigger things.
      Borrow a cloud and drift high above the Earth,
      Looking down at the smallness of your life.
      The journey begins on a path made of your old mistakes.
      The journey continues when you call the Earth by name.

      ~ (c) Nancy Wood ~

      posted to Deep well 3/14/2005

      .

      .

      .

      .

      .

      .

      .

      .

    • druidfromtexas@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        Can I share this with a druid group?
      • Sharon Pacione
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
          Mary:

          What a beautiful poem. I appreciate all that you share.

          Sending love,
          Sharon 444