"A Sleep of Prisoners" by Christopher Fry

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005

      A Sleep of Prisoners

      Dark and cold we may be, but this
      Is no winter now. The frozen misery
      Of centuries breaks, cracks, begins to move;
      The thunder is the thunder of the floes,
      The thaw, the flood, the upstart Spring.

      Thank God our time is now when wrong
      Comes up to face us everywhere,
      Never to leave us till we take
      The longest stride of soul we ever took.

      Affairs are now soul size.
      The enterprise
      Is exploration into God.

      Where are you making for? It takes