Spring Giddiness : Rumi

  • mary
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2005

      Spring Giddiness

      Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
      and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
      and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.
      Let the beauty we love be what we do.
      There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

      The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
      Don't go back to sleep.
      You must ask for what you really want.
      Don't go back to sleep.
      People are going back and forth across the doorsill
      where the two worlds touch.
      The door is round and open.
      Don't go back to sleep.

      I would love to kiss you.
      The price of kissing is your life.
      Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
      What a bargain, let's buy it.

      Daylight, full of small dancing particles
      and the one great turning, our souls
      are dancing with you, without feet, they dance.
      Can you see them when I whisper in your ear?

      All day and night, music,
      a quiet, bright
      reedsong. If it
      fades, we fade.

      	-- Jalaluddin Rumi

      **

      *

      God says nothing, he just remains silent.
      ***********************************
      Stop violence against women
      http://www.amnesty.org/
      With marches, demonstrations, flags and music, Amnesty International members and supporters declared to the world that this human rights scandal could no longer be ignored. [* Slideshow]
    • Sharon Pacione
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2005
        Mary:

        The poetry AND visuals you share are sooooo beautiful. My soul
        is purring. :-)

        Blessings,
        Sharon 444

        --- In VoicesOfThePhilosophersStone@yahoogroups.com, mary
        <wefollowthesun@y...> wrote:

        > Spring Giddiness = 4) document.write('');// -->
        >
        > Today, like every other day, we wake up emptyand frightened. Don't
        open the door to the studyand begin reading. Take down a musical
        instrument.Let the beauty we love be what we do.There are hundreds of
        ways to kneel and kiss the ground.The breeze at dawn has secrets to
        tell you.Don't go back to sleep.You must ask for what you really
        want.Don't go back to sleep.People are going back and forth across
        the doorsillwhere the two worlds touch.The door is round and
        open.Don't go back to sleep.I would love to kiss you.The price of
        kissing is your life.Now my loving is running toward my life
        shouting,What a bargain, let's buy it.Daylight, full of small dancing
        particlesand the one great turning, our soulsare dancing with you,
        without feet, they dance.Can you see them when I whisper in your ear?
        All day and night, music,a quiet, brightreedsong. If itfades, we fade.
        -- Jalaluddin Rumi

        > **
        >

        > *
        >

        > God says nothing, he just remains silent.

        > Stop violence against women
        > http://www.amnesty.org/
        >
        > http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites
      • mary