"Mind's Betrayal" by Therese Dolciotto - Poem About Alzheimer's Disease

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2005
      The following poem was written about alzheimers disease, experienced
      by a member of the author's family.

      Mind's Betrayal

      Was There Once A Place i Lay
      In A Field Of Wild Flowers All Pink and Violet
      Did i Wear My Hair With Ribons And Bows
      Did i Dance Beside A Waterfall
      With Butterflies And Rainbows At My Feet
      Where Did Life Take Me.. Was i Loved
      My Days Of Remembering Are All Gone
      Still Like An Endless Sky, These Days Go On And On
      This Person In The Mirror, Why Does She Cry
      I Try To Remember But i Can't Remember Why
      Surely i was Someone's Child
      Perhaps If i Lay Down For A While
      My Heart Beats As Sparrows Fly...
      But Still i Can't Remember Why