226"Tree of Life" by Sharon Pacione

  • coronaborealis444
    Mar 14, 2002
      While laying under a white pine tree at a Sufi retreat in
      Sarasota Florida last month, this poem wrote itself while
      thinking of the connectedness of all parts of the tree. When
      I went back into the retreat, Pir Vilayat used the tree as an
      example of oneness. Sometimes we find that we are one step
      ahead of ourselves. Those moments of synchronicity bring such
      joy. BTW, if you ever get the chance to experience the energy
      of the Sufi Master, Pir (teacher) Vilayat Inayat Khan, I highly
      recommend it. He is the eldest son of Hazrat Inayat Khan who
      introduced Sufism to the western world in 1910.

      TREE OF LIFE

      white pine,
      giver of sacred breath,
      how beautiful you are
      branching into perfection
      on the spiral of diversity

      roots align the directions of balance
      moss hangs out on limbs of surrender
      bark inhales the colors of gaia
      needles point and wave at creation
      nectar entices curious seekers
      cones plant seeds in response to slight breezes

      all represent the grand play of oneness
      deeply aware the unity of purpose
      ingesting the light of the sun and moon,
      the tree of life blooms in the cradle of love

      by Sharon Pacione
      February 25, 2002
      Wdestiny44@...